We’ve all been there – you’re hungry, you’re tired, and all you can hear is the sweet song of pizza being delivered to your door.
If you’re trying to achieve specific goals which depend on fuelling yourself with nutritious or low calorie meals, this can be cause for despair.
A Pizza Hut Large Chicken Supreme Pizza has 234 calories (976kJ), 26g carbs, 14g protein and 8g fat per slice.
Ok, sure, that’s not that bad – IF you only stick to one slice! Let’s be real, who actually stops at one slice of pizza?
Let’s say 2 slices of a Chicken Supreme pizza is a serve, that’s 468 cals (1952kJ), 52g carbs, 28g protein and 16g fat BEFORE you add in some garlic bread, fries and a beer.
For us pizza lovers, it’s so easy to eat 2 or 3 (or 12) slices of pizza. Then add on your sides and beverages and all of a sudden your daily macros are looking more like a weeks worth.
For a more goal friendly pizza, give Pizza Hut & Dominos a miss and try our chicken pizza recipe below.
1 serve = 1 tortilla and is only 286 cals (1196kJ), 27g carb,10g fat and 25g protein per serve, so you can enjoy some homemade oven baked chips on the side without feeling like you have over indulged.
You might even find that making your own is cheaper and quicker than ordering one!
FML Nutrition Chicken Supreme Pizza
- 4x Mission Low Carb wraps
- 200g mozzarella cheese
- 80g pineapple pieces
- 1 small red onion (approx. 1/2c diced)
- 1 red capsicum sliced
- 1/4c mushrooms
- 200g shredded chicken breast (or if you’re lazy like me just chop the chicken into bite sized pieces)
- 2TB tomato paste
- Preheat oven to 240C /220C fan forced
- Line a tray with baking paper and place a tortilla on it (you will need 2 trays to cook all 4 at the same time).
- Spread the tomato paste evenly over each wrap
- Divide the toppings up evenly and place on each wrap, top with mozzarella cheese
- Bake for 3-5 minutes until the edges are browning
- Serve immediately.
This meal also makes a good lunch the next day – if you have any leftover that is! Just reheat in the microwave until warm. Enjoy!