2021 has finally arrived and everyone has their own version of their New Year’s resolutions. If yours includes being fit and healthy, then you may be looking to hire a fitness coach. Working with a fitness coach can help you achieve your goals faster than if you were to navigate the fitness journey on your own. But with the current situation right now, finding a fitness coach in your area can be quite difficult.
The good news is that you can hire a virtual trainer to help you with your newfound objective. With everything being done through the internet nowadays, online fitness coaching has become more prevalent than ever. The question now is, should you hire an online trainer?
In this article, we’ll be discussing the benefits of hiring an online fitness coach so that you can make an informed decision.
The benefits of online coaching
You may be thinking to yourself, why should you hire a virtual trainer when you can just watch tutorial workouts instead? The difference is that with an online fitness coach, you get expert advice based on your desired results. That can be hard to achieve when you’re following advice that caters to a general audience.
But that’s not the only thing that makes online coaching attractive. Here are a couple of reasons why hiring a virtual trainer is a good idea.
- Flexible schedule – Online training allows you to work out on your own schedule. Whether that’s 9 in the morning or 10 in the evening, you have the freedom to work with your personal trainer virtually at any time you want. The best part is you get to train right at the comforts of your own home.
- Nutritional advice – Working out is only half the equation. If you truly wish to achieve your fitness goals, then you will need to follow a strict diet. With the help of an online fitness coach, you can create solid meal plans and make lasting changes to your physique.
- Cost-savings – A single workout session with an in-person trainer can cost you anywhere from $50-100 depending on your location. If you can’t afford to hire a fitness coach, then don’t worry. An online trainer offers incredible value and cost-savings so that you can stay on top of your fitness goals regardless of your budget.
- Custom-made programs – Whether you want to build muscle or lose body fat, a virtual trainer will create custom workout programs designed to help you achieve your dream physique. They will even make adjustments on things like intensity, duration, and frequency to ensure the workouts are according to your personal preferences.
- Accountability – This is perhaps one of the biggest benefits of hiring an online fitness coach. It can be difficult to stick to your fitness goals if you haven’t established the right mindset and discipline. With online training, your coach holds you accountable and pushes you to become a better version of yourself. In fact, they even require you to send updates so they can track your progress and see meaningful results.
What to look for in an online fitness coach
When it comes to online training, you will need to pick a coach that knows how to work with you. Make sure to consider the following before you hire a virtual trainer:
- Experience – The first thing you should look for in a coach is their experience. How long have they worked in the fitness industry? Did their clients go on to have successful transformations? Good coaches are dedicated to their craft and are successful enough to make online coaching their full-time careers.
- Credentials – With so many “fitness gurus” taking over social media nowadays, finding the right coach can be quite challenging. To filter out the real coaches from the frauds, look for their credentials. Did they study physical education and kinesiology? Do they have sufficient knowledge about workout science? Keep this in mind when hiring a virtual trainer.
- Coaching style – Do you prefer a coach that’s tough and gritty? Or do you want a coach that’s supportive and understanding? Each person responds differently to a trainer’s coaching style so make sure you’re comfortable with how your coach approaches your workouts. You can get a good feel for their coaching style by reading success stories from their clients.
- Pay for contact – With online coaching, you want to make sure that you’re paying for your coach’s expertise based on human interaction and not written programs. This means being able to talk to your coach about your struggles, preferences, and adjustments to make your workouts more effective. If all they do is give you a program, then you know they’re just in it for the money.
Online fitness coaching is a great way to keep up with your New Year’s resolutions. That said, it’s not a shortcut to achieving your goals. You still have to put in the work and be dedicated to seeing meaningful results. By hiring the right virtual trainer, you will get one step closer to achieve the ultimate physique you’ve been dreaming of.